Know How To Measure Bike Size Accurately Without Any Problem!
Are you planning to order a bike online, but unsure of its size? Then, you are probably in the right place. It is important to measure the size of the bike before buying it for many different reasons, and you should consider all of them to make a good purchase! You can know how to measure bike size by following a certain number of steps; it is a quick and simple process, but requires great accuracy!
Bike Height Chart
- 4’11” – 5’3″ = 13 – 15 inches
- 5’3″ – 5’7″ = 15 – 16 inches
- 5’7″ – 5’11” = 16 – 17 inches
- 6’0″ – 6’2″ = 17 – 19 inches
- 6’2″ – 6’4″ = 19 – 21 inches
- 6’4″ and taller = 21+ inches
In depth Method Steps involved in measuring the size of a bike
To measure the right size of the bike according to your height, the size of the frame has to be measured. There are different methods for the same. Here is the most efficient one, and to complete it accurately. You need to follow the steps as given below:
- Firstly, you should take off your shoes and stand with crossed legs and then measure your height between the ground and your crotch.
- Before measuring the size, make sure what kind of bike you want. Different bike types are available for you; the common ones are named as follows:
- Mountain Bikes – These kinds of bikes are used to cycle in rough terrains like forests and mountains. They have more durable wheels, powerful brakes and low gear ratios. The price may start from $250 and go high!
- Road Bikes. – These bikes are most widely used for riding on the tarmac and are expensive, but gives immense pleasure while riding. Their price may begin from $500 and can reach approximately $7000! Helmets are a necessary part of Road Bikes.
- Hybrid Bikes – These bikes eliminate the need for travelling on different bikes for different terrains and can be maintained with various accessories. The cost of these bikes may begin from $250 and are somewhat similar to Mountain Bikes.
- Now you can make use of your calculator and calculate the right size according to the kind of bike you need, for example:
- For city bike, Frame size = Leg inseam(cm) * 0,685
- For mountain bike, Frame size = Leg inseam(cm) * 0.66
- Now you can choose the right size from the available frame sizes.
The other methods include looking at the size chart and choosing the size of the bike frame corresponding to your height in feet or inches, and you can choose different bike frames depending on specialized charts for different terrains.
Why order bikes online?
If your kid is looking for the right bike, why not take him to the nearby market? It is done, but usually not preferred because ordering anything online plays an important role in determining the convenience factor. Though the local vendor argues buying a bike without testing is no good, but that thought is overrated.
- You can get great bikes at affordable amounts from online stores and websites.
- The bike gets delivered to your place without any hassle, although the delivery charges may get added to the total cost of the bike.
- If the policies of the company permit exchange or refund, it will be easier for you to try and test different bikes.
But, the most important thing while buying a bike from online stores is analyzing its right size from the given size chart. Any mistake in checking the size can lead to accidents due to lack of stability; you should know how to measure bike size.
What happens in the cases of improper bike fit?
To know how to measure bike size accurately, it is important to know about its role. The role may differ from person to person, but for a bike rider, it is important to know about the symptoms and the causes. Your bike touches your body at three places, namely, seat, feet and hands.
- The weight of a person’s body is distributed equally at these three points, and if there is anything wrong with it, then it can lead to discomfort and pain in different body parts.
- By looking at the larger picture, it can be noted that the discomfort may cause accidents.
- Also, the wrong posture while riding a bike can cause serious health complications in the present or the near future.
Bike fit isn’t a universal approach; it depends on how much weight you exert on the saddle, your body type and shape, fitness, the amount of time you spend on it and your riding style and expectations. In the case of bikes, you can’t get comfort along with performance, for one thing, you may need to compromise another one.
Learn how to ride a bike!
After knowing how to measure bike size and getting the right bike for your kid or yourself. You need to learn how to ride a bike. For different people, different bikes are available, and thus, different approaches must be used to learn a bike.
- The easiest way is to sit on a bike and then lean against the wall with the help of your elbow. For the very first time, you have someone to keep a check on you.
- Put your feet on the saddle, parallel to the ground.
- Move the saddle up and down, but do not put much energy into it.
- Practice it this way for a few days, and then you can practice on the nearby roads with or without a companion depending on your condition.
- Woo-ooh! There you are riding a bike on your own without anyone’s help and travelling to distant places with rough terrains!
Cycling on bikes daily can keep a person away from all sorts of diseases linked with the lack of exercise. It keeps a person in high spirit. As well as helps in increasing his productivity and creativity in different areas of life, not just related to sports. When you know how to measure bike size, you can order it online anywhere, anytime with no hassle at all! It keeps the body in good shape. But can cause problems if the diet is not taken according to the amount of physical activity done by cycling at different intervals of time.